မူလစာမ်က္နွာ .......အဆံုးမဲ့လြမ္းခ်င္း ......ဓါတ္ပံု ......Vdieoသီခ်င္း ......photo gallery

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Singapore English V.s. Britin English

WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS
Britons: I'm sorry, Sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater youwant in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the otheroutlets for you.
Singaporeans: No Stock.

RETURNING A CALL
Britons: Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone call me a few moments ago?
Singaporeans: Hello, u call me ah?

ASKING SOMEONE TO MAKE WAY
Britons: Excuse me, I'd like to get by. Would you please make way?
Singaporeans: S-kews me

WHEN SOMEONE OFFERS TO PAY
Britons: Hey, put your wallet away, this drink is on me.
Singaporeans: No-need, lah.

WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION
Britons: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to
entre through this door?
Singaporeans: (pointing the door) can ar?

WHEN SURPRISING
Britons: Oh, Really. It's wonderful.
Singaporeans: Whar lar wae!

WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER
Britons: I'd prefer not to do that, if you don't mind.
Singaporeans: Don't want la...

IN DISAGREEING ON A TOPIC OF DISCUSSION
Britons: Err. Tom, I have to stop you there. I understand where you're
coming from, but I really have to disagree with what you said about the issue.
Singaporeans: You mad, ah?

WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION.
Britons: We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment.
Singaporeans: Die-lah!!

WHEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED
Britons: Will someone tell me what has just happened?
Singaporeans: see how!

WHEN SOME ONE DID SOMETHING WRONG
Britons: This isn't the way to do it here let me show you,
Singaporeans: like that also don't know how to do!!!!



forward mail တစ္ခုမွ ေပးပို႔လာသည္ကို ျပန္လည္မွ်ေဝလုိက္ပါသည္
ျပံဳးေပ်ာ္နိုင္ပါေစ

1 Comment:

ပန္းခရမ္းျပာ said...

Still got,

don't bluf.
die die must go.
u think, i though, who confirm..

hahaha...